We made a quick sketch of how we want an average level in the game to look. The left (Red) side of the page represents the obstacle dimension that the player can travel through and the right (Blue) side represents the enemy dimension. The player can switch between these 2 dimensions with the push of a button and maintains their position and momentum but can no longer interact with the objects in the other dimension. The player can collect health/ammo in the obstacle dimension and must avoid asteroids and space debris. They can only remain in this dimension for a short amount of time (represented by the bar in the top right hand corner of the screen) and are forced back into the Blue dimension when the bar is depleted. There are no collectibles in the Blue dimension but there are a number of enemy ships that fire at the player as they continue through the level. The player’s life and ammo are represented in the top left hand corner of each screen. They are a combined resource that the player must manage as they attempt to shoot down enemy ships without running out of health.
switch, avoid, shoot, collect, move, time, crash, die, explode, dodge, evade, traverse, manage, discover, control, aim, explore, stress, rage
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to collect health/ammo to shoot enemies and finish the level.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to change dimensions to evade obstacles to survive.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to change dimensions to dodge enemies bullets to survive.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to shoot enemies to proceed through the level.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to move around obstacles to avoid them to collect collectibles.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to change dimensions to collect health/ammo to survive.
- As a player, I need to manage my dimension swap bar to swap dimensions effectively and avoid enemies and obstacles.
- As a player, I need to manage my health and ammo to defeat enemy ships without destroying myself.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to avoid colliding with enemy spaceships as I make my way to the end of the level.
- Playing as a spaceship, I want to avoid colliding with obstacles as I make my way to the end of the level.
Mekha is doing activities 1&4, Tom is doing activities 2&5 and I’m doing activities 3&6
We created the website and set up a group chat for the team to communicate their ideas